- PRACTICE AREAS
- ABOUT US
- INITIAL CONSULTATION
- PATIENT FORMS
LASIK & Athletes
Serving Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond & nearby areas of Oklahoma
In Oklahoma City and Edmond, Oklahoma
If you're an athlete, having stellar vision can be a requirement to aid in the success of your sport. With the advancements in LASIK that include custom LASIK, Oklahoma City athletes can place their trust in the LASIK surgery performed by the physicians at Hummel Eye Associates.
If you're interested in discussing the possibilities of LASIK surgery, please call Hummel Eye Associates at (405) 755-6111.
What is LASIK Surgery?
LASIK is a vision correction surgery that can be performed to rectify refractive errors in your vision. These refractive errors cause nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Traditional LASIK can correct these errors, while custom LASIK goes beyond this to treat the following:
- Double vision
- Halos in your vision
- Decreased contrast in your vision
- Trouble with night vision
Both bladeless LASIK and traditional LASIK are performed by creating a hinged flap in the eye's cornea. Using this flap for access, the surgeons at Hummel Eye Associates will apply laser technology to reshape your eye for vision correction.
Why Athletes Opt For LASIK
As an athlete, you don't want to have to wear contact lenses or glasses during recreation for several reasons. Thanks to LASIK surgery, you won't have to worry about the following problems occurring during your exercise:
- Losing a contact lens
- Debris or dust getting under your contact lens
- Contact lenses that dry out
- Having your glasses knocked off
- Having your peripheral vision affected by wearing eyeglasses
- Having your glasses broken causing dangers to you and the other athletes
Are You A Good Candidate For LASIK?
If you're in the Oklahoma City area, the experienced team of surgeons at Hummel Eye Associates can help you determine if you're a good candidate for LASIK surgery. You will qualify for LASIK surgery if you suffer from nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism. With the innovations of custom LASIK, most patients are good candidates for the LASIK procedure.
If you are an athlete, you qualify for LASIK as long as you can follow the post-operative instructions which include:
- Avoiding sports for at least two weeks after your LASIK surgery
- Possibly having your surgery in the off-season of your sport for maximum recovery time
- Making all of your post-surgery follow-up appointments
The Benefits of LASIK
After choosing LASIK surgery, you will find that your athletics are so much simpler without having to worry about wearing sport-specific eye glasses or contacts. The benefits from LASIK include:
- Achieving vision near 20/20
- Improved night vision
- Not having to wear glasses or contacts during sports
- Improved peripheral vision
If you are an athlete in the Oklahoma City area and are ready to experience clear vision, please contact Hummel Eye Associates to help you begin the process today.