- PRACTICE AREAS
- ABOUT US
- INITIAL CONSULTATION
- PATIENT FORMS
Refractive Surgery Questions
Serving Oklahoma City, Norman, Edmond & nearby areas of Oklahoma
Questions to ask your Refractive Surgeon
Refractive procedures can provide clear vision, even if you are not a LASIK candidate. Before you commit to any procedure, there are some things you should know and questions you should ask your surgeon, so that you can get a clear picture of the procedure before you have it done. Here are some examples:
- How long have you been performing Refractive Surgery?
- How many Refractive procedures have you performed ?
- Are you Board Certified?
- What percentage of your patients have experienced complications after refractive procedures?
- How much vision improvement can I expect?
- What are my chances of achieving 20/20 vision?
- Is this the best treatment option for me?
- What should I expect during recovery?
- Will I need follow up procedures in order to see clearly?
- How long before I see results?
- Will the procedure be painful?
- Will I need to stop wearing my contacts before the procedure?
- When can I return to my normal activities?
- How much will my refractive procedure cost?
- Are follow up visits and enhancement procedures included in this cost?
- Are there any extra fees?
- What financing plans do you offer?
At Hummel Eye Associates, Dr. Chris Hummel uses the VISX Advanced CustomVue system [http://www.visx.com/]to do LASIK surgery. It is state-of-the-art equipment with the most sophisticated technology available anywhere. Besides offering Wavefront-guided LASIK, we also offer PRK procedures if it should turn out that you aren’t a good candidate for LASIK.
Click here to read more about Refractive Error Treatment.